TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Boring me


There comes a time when you just have to stop. You just have to surrender to life and go with it. I think I'm there now. I no longer feel the need to read and research. It hurts my brain to be thinking so constantly. I'm at peace with my plans. I'm happy and excited.


I'm listening to my body and doing as it tells me. It's warming up again here so I'm really making an effort to keep healthy and drink lots.


I've connected with my baby and we came to the agreement that I'd prefer it if he/she were head down. I don't mind the foot under the rib cage thing, honestly!;) LOL

Just as I was comfortable to birth a breech variety baby he/she turned!

So I'm cool whatever way the baby arrives. Head or feet, it's just birth. It just took a bit of mental preparation. As does anything we do.


I've lodged our tax stuff, so hopefully we can finish buying our birth/baby goodies and then I'll feel ready. I hate being so disorganised. Normally I'd have all the lists checked and everything ready to go, weeks before it needs to be.


I think this pregnancy has been a great learning curve for me. I've learnt to let go. I've learnt to go within and really LISTEN. I've learnt to just 'be'.

We cannot control pregnancy and birth. It's something our bodies do. We just need to accept it, there is no point trying to control it.We can nurture it but we cannot control it.

It took me quite a while to let go but now I'm really enjoying it. I guess that's a bonus for when life becomes insane with 3 kids and one of those being only 18 months old when baby arrives! There is no more planning to life, you just go with it each day and most importantly, enjoy it!


No comments: