TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Monday, February 18, 2008

Improvements


I'm feeling better. It's been a couple of days since my last migrane and the 'sick' feeling is almost gone. Hooray! I dont know I would have coped for weeks of it on end.
I was thinking though, that those sort of physical symptoms have a lot to do with our emotional state of mind too. I know I was still sort of coming to terms with the fact that I'm pregnant and also having major anxiety attacks over the fact that I need to emotionally prepare for birth at home and facing those fears.

So I've been sent a heap of vbac and vba multi c/s research papers and case studies to read over and I have to say I'm in a much better frame of mind. I've splurged and ordered quite a few books from Amazon. It also helps being a part of the Joyous Birth community, where I'm exposed to such inspiring women and their amazing birthing journey's. I'll be one of them too!

My boss has taken a great interest in my birth plans. She knows my history in relation to birth experiences. I'm sort of annoyed that she's going to be so curious. She's already asked me about my plans for this birth and who I'll have there. I said in short that I'll be at home with my fiancee and most likely two Doula's. I said I'd only be going to hospital in an emergency situation. I could see her fidgeting and really holding back. She really wanted to say something. I could see she really wanted to say more.
She has suggested I look into Hypnosis in order to overcome some fears and trauma related to my past birth experiences. She believes it has quite positive and effective results. I'm not so sure. I will look into it though. After asking me about my plans for this birth she has asked me to consider having a midwife. I really wish I asked her why. I wonder what sort of response she would have come up with.

I'm feeling so much more positive about being pregnant and birthing at the moment. I'm sure there will be good days and bad ones too but as long as we can recover from them and continue on our journey it's all ok.



No comments: