TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Friday, May 30, 2008

Rainbow Rebozo


I thought I'd add a photo of my very colourful rainbow rebozo that DP got me from the Port Douglas markets. We are very excited to use it during the later stages of pregnancy and in labour. We went to Townsville and had a 'doula meet' a while back and we got some 'hands on' practice with it's positions and uses during labour. Some of the positions look really supportive and comfortable for labour. DP is really keen to give them a go too!
Might take some pressure off the marathon back rubbing he has to do during my labours. ;)
I will also be interested in using the rebozo to assist in turning a posterior babe, should it decide to flip that way like my other two babies did. Although I'm not too worried as I know babies will come out either way if left alone and given the time to move. Babies are very smart you know? They'll do what's right for them.
This is a midwifes blog that also uses the Rebozo technique. It has some good pictures of it in use.

No comments: