TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Monday, June 2, 2008

Birthing From Within




I've just started reading Pam England's and Rob Horowitz's 'Birthing From Within'.

It seems like such a fantastic book, already a lot of it is ringing true with me.

I plan to do most of the activities and journal them here as I go.

I'd also like to get stuck into the artwork too. I did a little bit of sculpting with my Doula when I was pregnant with C. It was very soothing.

I think it's an important part of my journey to just 'let go' of a lot of things. Nothing needs to be perfect. I need to remember to relax and enjoy myself.


Just from the first few pages this passage written by Pam England really stood out for me.


Through soul-searching

and listening more deeply

to the women I was working with,

I finally understood that women

have to prepare for birth

in their heart and soul,

not their head.

And that giving birth is something a woman does

in her body,

not in her head.


That's so true. We all too often research and look for the facts and figures when we just simply need to take a step back and re-adjust our focus.

We need to look within and accept pregnancy and birth from our hearts, from deep within.


"What is it that I need to know to give birth? What is my question?"


This had me thinking all night. What is my question? What do I really need to know to give birth?


I came up with a few.


Can I really give birth?

Do I trust my body's ability to do so?

Am I strong enough?

What holds me back?

Why will this birth be different?

Am I afraid? Of what?


I am sure more and more will come as this journey unfolds but I am glad my eyes are open and I'm working this through.


Each day is a new one.



No comments: