TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Sunday, June 15, 2008

The birth journey so far...

I realised I haven't actually blogged about my birth career so far and how I came to be 'here' on this leg of my journey.

Pregnancy/Birth Stats:

Bambino #1
  • February 2003 (age 18)
  • Midwifery shared care at Vic public hospital
  • PIH and pre-eclampsia
  • Spontaneous labour at 39 weeks
  • Emergency ceasarean due to 'failure to wait'

Bambino #2

  • March 2007 ( age 22)
  • Midwifery shared care at Qld public hospital
  • Spontaneous labour at 39 weeks
  • Emergency repeat ceasarean due to 'obstructed labour'/'Failed VBAC'

Bambino #3

  • September 2008 (age 24)
  • Care given by me and my intuition, oh and bambino's hello kicks :) AKA unassisted pregnancy
  • Labour date TBA ;)
  • Freebirth in the comfort of my home with my partner, children and doula in attendance.

So in short after having being placed on the hospital conveyor belt I decided it was time to take some action.

To take responsibility for myself and my unborn baby.

To listen to my instinct and know that birth is just that, birth.

Plain and simple.

No intervention required.

It's a normal physiological process and it's one that should be left well alone.

So it's after two traumatic and unnecessary surgeries that my partner and I are going to give our baby the best start to life. To be born safely at home surrounded with love and without interference.

No comments: