TRUST BIRTH

TRUST BIRTH
Healing Homebirth

Australia's Homebirth Network

Monday, June 9, 2008

Made with love

I did promise I'd share with those that visit my blog my crafty ambitions.




I've always been creative but I'm also very impatient and tend to get bored very easily.


Flighty?


This means I tend to start something and then move on to some other passing idea.


Thus my knitting is sitting on the bench, although I must admit I did oh about 3 rows last night. Hehehe. Ahh well I've got till September to have it finished. ;)


After Alexander was born I got into scrap booking. It was fun and I really enjoyed it but it's not something you can show off all the time. My albums are tucked away in the cupboard. So I moved onto doing scrap booking style photo's in frames. Those you can see all the time.



I recently finished a 20 something page scrapbook album for my grand-mother who lives in a nursing home interstate. I wanted something that she could look at, at any time and it was easy to identify who was in it. I forgot to take some pics before I sent it, but she just adores it. she loves looking at the boys. Alexander and I used to spend a lot of time with her before we moved away and she's not met Charlie yet so photos are important.

I'm now really into card making. I've always made my own cards but have just recently improved on my craft supplies stash and had a renewed passion to make and do.


I love the thought of giving someone a handmade card. It's so personal and shows you really care. Well I would appreciate it if someone went to the trouble of making me a card.




Here are some of the creations that I've made so far





Years ago I started with Birthday and general cards, then I made a tonne of thank you cards after Alexander and Charlie were born (why didn't I take photos, dammit!) and now I really am having fun crafting Birth/Blessingway and breastfeeding cards. The possibilities are endless!




Here are the birth/bf ones I made this morning






I just don't have anyone to send them to. LOL



No comments: